It’s over. I’m leaving. #sorryimnotsorry
Don’t get me wrong, there were a few absolutely amazing things that happened to us along the way. Two dream-worthy career opportunities were probably the highlight. The successful writing partnership, beautiful friends, and the many (seriously, so many) wine tasting trips were delightful. I traveled and I grew. I loved, I lost, I learned. For all of that, I am truly grateful. Lest this anti-love note to the past 365 days take a tone that borders on bitter, let me state upfront, I am most certainly thankful for the countless blessings that have been bestowed upon me.
But in the name of full disclosure, I’m over it. I’m over the fact that I’ve been neglecting this blog. I’m over the fact that I haven’t even cracked the surface on the editing notes for my novel that I received last January. I’m over the fact that I wrote only ten articles for Cinema Coma this past year. Seriously. Less than one a month. I won’t even attempt to broach the subject of my personal (read: dating) life, which has dealt me quite a few irritating (read: devastating) blows of it’s own this year. Long story short, I let myself slide on more than a few promises I made to myself this year and starting tomorrow, that changes.
I am over being over everything.
Last January, I announced confidently that I would write daily. While I did write something on the regs (yay for small accomplishments), I would like to amend it ever so slightly for the New Year. With that in mind, here is my list of (hopefully not too cliche) goals for 2014:
- Love. Bigger and better than ever before. Because… well, I think I finally deserve to cash in on that happily ever after that people keep telling me is coming my way.
- Take a picture every day. I know people who did this a few years back and I have been enamored with the idea ever since. If anything, I’ll at least get a few great Instagram photos out of it (look for #instaAttitude).
- Work on my novel at least once a week (let’s be real, a daily goal would just be setting myself up for failure). Go ahead and keep me honest.
- Spend more time with friends and family. So basically, more phone calls, mid-week dinners, and 3+hour Google Hangouts with a few of my fab East Coasters.
- Breathe. Seems simple, but for me it isn’t.
- Raise my Cinema Coma monthly article average. Maybe this year, I can aim for 2. You know, reach for the stars and all.
- Find a Yoga instructor that I actually like. (PS… apparently, it’s harder than you’d think).
- Get back into Yoga. Starting off the New Year with insane back pain is not exactly my idea of a good time.
- Turn 30. It was already on the schedule, so why not make it a ressie, right? I’m thinking a huge beachside bungalow blowout.
- Start the process of buying a house. I know… that’s a big one. But I’ve decided it’s happening.
- Get an article published through another nationally recognized site or magazine. You know, build up my street cred.
- And obviously, update this blog a little more often.
So screw the drama, 2013. Things are looking up in the New Year and I’m pretty damn excited.